Financial Support Resources
Special Grants and Loans
- Office of Financial Aid – support programs for challenging financial situations: Stanford has created a number of programs specifically for graduate students dealing with challenging financial situations, including a family grant program, emergency grant-in-aid, and a housing loan to help with the costs of moving off campus.
- Biosciences Hardship Program: intended to address the needs of students who are experiencing a financial hardship related to the cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area or other factors.unds from this program are intended to assist with copays associated with your mental health care.
- NEW: Biosciences Mental Health Support Program: funds from this program are intended to assist with copays associated with your mental health care.
Fellowships and Funding
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education (VPGE): VPGE offers a number of special funding opportunities for graduate students, including fellowships and grants for individuals and groups.
- Your department or home program: Your home program’s student services officer or program director can provide you with information about fellowships and other forms of grant assistance; research assistantships; teaching assistantships; and external funding sources.
Financial Literacy and Taxes
- Mind Over Money: financial literacy training, individualized coaching, academic courses, and money management tools
- Student Financial Services: list of recommended tax resources for both international and domestic students
- Bechtel International Center: tax resources for international students