Please plan to join OGE, BioAIMS and SBSA in observing our first Biosciences Community Unplug Day on Monday, May 30th. On this existing Memorial Day University Holiday, we aim to have all members of our community, including faculty, staff, and students, take time to “unplug” from email, classes, and research to spend time with whatever it is that helps them to recharge.
We hope that you will use this Unplug Day to rest and recharge. Some ways that you can help us make this initiative a reality include:
- Take the day for yourself, by making the choice to not engage in work-related activities.
- Set away messages for Monday, May 30th.
- For example: “Thank you for your message. I will be away from my email but will be back Tuesday, May 31, 2022. If it’s an emergency, feel free to text me. Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!”
- Share with others what helps you to rest and recharge.
- Honor the community attempt to unplug by staying off email, slack or any other communication platforms.
- If you do choose to work, consider the “Send Later” feature.